Monday, August 10
6:30 p.m. Board of Trustees meeting
7 p.m. Venture Crew
7 p.m. Troop 57
Thursday, August 13
7 p.m. Troop 19 meets
Sunday, August 16, Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost
10 a.m. Worship with Covid-19 safety protocols – please remember to bring your facemask
Please know that if you do not feel safe coming to worship, we understand and support you if you decide to stay home. We will continue to email and snail mail the bulletin and sermons as we have been doing for the past few weeks, so you will have worship material should you decide to continue to shelter-in-place.
In an effort to comply with state guidelines–
- We are asking that each person attending worship please bring and wear a facemask and observe social distancing. We will attempt to have some facemasks available, but there is no guarantee that they will be available. Please be prepared.
- Weather permitting, we will prop the doors open so no one need touch the handles.
- The bulletins will be on a table as you come in for you to pick up. No greeter will shake your hand or hand you a bulletin.
- NO NURSERY CARE WILL BE PROVIDED
- Every other pew will be closed off to help facilitate social distancing
- The sign-in books will not be passed around. Only one person will note attendance.
- The bulletins will contain the music so you will not need to pick up the hymnals.
- We will not have any physical contact during the passing of the peace, nor will we move from our pew area.
- The offering plate will be on the table as you come in so you may drop your offering off either on the way in or the way out.
- There will not be Fellowship Hour after worship
- Visiting in the aisle or in the building is discouraged. You may chat in the parking lot for as long as you wish.
Some of this may sound a bit extreme, but this is what we need to do to keep each other safe and those we love at home safe.
Summer Craft Days
Mark your calendar for August 21st for Craft Day. We will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 1 p.m. to work on crafts with friends, old and new, in the comfort of the Fellowship Hall – with air conditioning! We will not be working on Quiet Books this year. This is not a closed group, so bring a friend! The more that merrier!
Communion for EVERYONE
Please read carefully – Communion will be served at the September 13th worship service.
Wafer is in a compartment on top. Another seal below the wafer separates it from the wine.
For those who are sheltering-in-place:
Self-contained, self-serve communion cups will be handed out, drive-through style, from 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. A masked and gloved member of the Diaconate Board will be out front handing out the communion set and Pastor Gary will be there to speak the words of institution over the cup. Please follow the cones to the place of pick-up.
For those who will be attending in – church worship:
You will pick up your Communion cup as you come in and save it for the regular communion service during worship.
This is the only month when Communion is not served on the first Sunday of the month.
Worship: 10 a.m.
515 E. 15th North
P.O. Box 659
Mountain Home, ID 83647
Phone (208) 587-4969