Purpose of Women’s Fellowship
1. Cultivate the Spirit of Christ in every phase of human life.
2. Unite the Women of the Church of Christ
3. To promote worship, fellowship, education, service and giving, to understand the program of the United Church of Christ as they serve the cause of Christ in the community, nation, and throughout the world.
Women’s Fellowship Summer Project
This summer the Women’s Fellowship group will lead the church in a three-month project. We will be collecting items for the Boise, Idaho Ronald McDonald House on Warm Springs Avenue. Our project is called, “FEED MY PEOPLE, CLOTHE MY PEOPLE, LOVE MY PEOPLE”.
For the month of June, was “FEED MY PEOPLE”.
In the month of July, was “CLOTHE MY PEOPLE”.
In August we will finish up with “LOVE MY PEOPLE”. For this part we will accept gift cards to gas stations, grocery stores (Alberton’s and Wal-Mart) and just cash cards from $5 on up.
Mark your calendar for August 9th and 23rd Craft Day. We will meet in the Fellowship Hall at 1 p.m. to work on crafts with friends, old and new, in the comfort of the adult Sunday school room – with air conditioning! We are going to be working on Quiet Books again this year, so if you would like to come help with that, you are most welcome to come join in. Many hands make light work. Or just bring your favorite take-along craft and enjoy the fellowship. This is not a closed group, so bring a friend! The more that merrier!
Women’s Bible Study
After much consideration, the following books are being considered for Women’s Bible Study when we start back up in September.
- Falling Upwards by Richard Rohr
- It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa Terkeust
- The God I Never Knew by Robert Morris
- You Are Beloved by Bobby Schuller
- Women Rowing North by Mary Pipher
- Various guides for studying books of the Bible have also been suggested by author Keri Folmar:
Grace, book of Ephesians; Joy, book of Philippians; Son of God (vols. 1 & 2), book of Mark; Zeal, book of Titus; and Faith, book of James
More information will be available at our first meeting on September 11th. Those who are interested are encouraged to go online and read the reviews. We will have more information at our first meeting for anyone who does not have a computer.
We meet the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 11 am.
If you wish to be placed on the Women’s Bible Study email list, please send an email to the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.